Saturday, March 10, 2012

Medieval Festival - Valparaiso Library

Cool.  I am glad Dave Gamble and I met during our day job, so I could enjoy watching and photographing his after day fun.  Me, I have my photography.  So the two go together.

SCA, ever here of it?  This is the Society for Creative Anachronism.  It is becoming more popular.  I say that because I am catching more articles by chance on the Internet.  What it is, is an ". . . international organization dedicated to researching and re-creating the arts and skills of pre-17th-century Europe."  A link to the organization's website is at the bottom of this blog entry.

I saw a glimpse of Dave and his fellow NW Indiana SCA's last summer.  I will have to go back and post.  Today was especially fun because it was targeted to introduce the children and their parents to the "history" of the 17th-centrury, in a fun and informative way.  I could not stop smiling watching all of the children with their eyes glued to the simulated fights, stories, questions, and all of the SCA members dressed in their garb.

So, I will stop writing . . . here are some photos of the Midieval Festival hosted by the Valparaiso Library.  Remember, you can click on the photo to enlarge, and to index to the next photo.


















Sometimes you just need to learn when to duck . . .





















I will say, next time I photograph SCA, I am upping my shutter speed . . .

For more information on SCA: http://www.sca.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Women In Jeopardy!" - at the Towle Theater

Comedy Written By Wendy MacLeod This IS a funny comedy. And, they got me again. I can totally see this in everyday life. Not all our live...

Popular Posts