Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mom

This Mother's Day I am posting some of my mom's art work. I will continue to refine this page over time, and will re-post when I do.

First is a video I put together of work she did with a Bic ball point pen. She knew she was dying of cancer, so she spent her last few months doing what she enjoyed, and in a medium she never spent a lot of time in . . . the Bic pen. She did this all from her thoughts.  No models, photos, or books to reference.  She passed away at the age of 83.  (Note:  I did this in 2010, and still do not know video.  I could not figure out how to add music, so the last few images do not have music.)



Here are some photos I found of her and of her work . . .












My one regret is, that I never asked her to teach me. Though my artistic talent still comes from her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Women In Jeopardy!" - at the Towle Theater

Comedy Written By Wendy MacLeod This IS a funny comedy. And, they got me again. I can totally see this in everyday life. Not all our live...

Popular Posts