Saturday, September 27, 2014

3rd Annual Hooked On Art 9/27/14



I had never been to this live art festival before. It was by chance I did, because of my fiance Christi, and the mention of street art with chalk.

It was a really nice day. When we arrived, the artists were well on their way. Some completing their projects. It was very comforting to see the artists create while in the midst of public, yet focused on their passion of creating art. Even if it were to be driven over or washed off by the rain later in the week.

Each artist had something to show. Either from their imagination, or from a photo that they wanted to turn into street chalk art. There was also a shark 3D art. When you stood in the right spot, as outlined and tagged with chalk, the image looked like you could fall into it.

It is events like this (and why there are events like this) that allow you to relax and see the creations of thought, feeling, the welcoming of emotion. I could be happy for some time just going to all these events, watching, and photographing. Then my own need for photography would kick in, as it usually does. I would want to go back out photographing everything that moves me, whether buildings, people, music, even nature.

Here are some photos for you to enjoy. I get anxious, in that I want to photograph everything before it goes away. I see this in these photos. I did slow down later, creating the shots I wanted that would represent what I saw. I need to get back to more of that.
















































Pierogi time . . . Christi loves her pierogi's from this van.  Me, I love the mushroom pierogi.












Another nice surprise was the Nick Danger Band. Christi and I heard the announcement, looked at each other, and smiled :)













Third Annual Hooked on Art - Live Street Festival
Thomas Centennial Park
Chesterton, IN 46304


Frontline Foundations Organization

Nick Danger Band


At the bottom of this blog post are four buttons to click on: E-mail this, Blog this, Share to Twitter, and Share to Facebook. Please take advantage of them and share this blog post with your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Women In Jeopardy!" - at the Towle Theater

Comedy Written By Wendy MacLeod This IS a funny comedy. And, they got me again. I can totally see this in everyday life. Not all our live...

Popular Posts